Mastering Adobe Captivate 7
See the book's page on the Packt Publishing website
This book is a perfect introduction to Adobe Captivate 7. It will help you get started with the tool quickly and efficiently. Mastering Adobe Captivate 7 demonstrates each and every feature of Adobe Captivate 7 giving you the expertise you need to create and deploy your own professional-quality e-Learning courses. You will be able to publish your work in various formats virtually on any desktop and mobile device.
The book in details
Adobe Captivate 7 helps you rapidly author a wide range of interactive and HTML5-based e-Learning content with minimum programming. With Adobe Captivate 7, you can capture the on-screen action and also enhance your e-Learning projects by including animations, videos, Smart Shapes, buttons, and drag-and-drop interactions.
This book will guide you through the creation of four e-Learning projects including a demonstration, an interactive simulation, a YouTube-like screencast, and a SCORM compliant quiz. The first part of the book will drive you through the three main steps of the Captivate production process. In the first step, you will use the powerful capture engine of Captivate to generate the slides and screenshots required for the project. In the second step, you will enhance your slides and screenshots using the objects provided by Captivate. These objects include animations, sophisticated interactions, videos, sound, and more. In the third step, you will make your projects available to the outside world by publishing them in various formats including Adobe Flash and HTML 5 so that you content can be played back on every desktop and mobile device. The second part of the book will focus on the advanced tools of Captivate. These tools include the questions slides that make up a quiz, SCORM, AICC, and Tin Can compliance, localization of your e-Learning content and widgets among others. In the last chapter, you will unleash the true power of Captivate by using the variables and the advanced actions to create a unique e-Learning experience.
What you will learn from this book
- Utilize the panning feature and the automatic recording modes of Captivate
- Add sophisticated interactivity to your demonstrations and simulations
- Provide personalized feedback based on the actions and answers of your students
- Embed sound and closed captions to your demonstrations and simulations
- Deploy your simulations, demonstrations, and quizzes in any SCROM, AICC, or Tin Can-compliant LMS
- Use the templates and the master slides to implement consistent formatting and rapid development
- Exploit Captivate with other applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition, Adobe Flash, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Word
- Unleash the true power of Captivate by using widgets variables and advanced actions
A comprehensive tutorial packed with examples, which is divided into small subtopics that follows a clear and logical outline to help you get to grips with Adobe Captivate 7. Readers are also encouraged to develop their understanding of the tool through practical exercises and experimentations in every chapter. A lot of external references and tips and tricks from established e-Learning professionals are also included.
Who this book is for?
If you are a designer, e-Learning developer, or webmaster who wants to construct an interactive and fun-filled e-Learning project using Adobe Captivate 7, this book is ideal for you. Just a basic knowledge of operating system is expected from the developers interested in this book.